Epicduel Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter Empty Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi all! This thread is about Damage calculating, and how it can be used.
You all see the numbers shown under your stats, right?

Yeah, those numbers. I'll type out the Primary again, because this will be the basis of everything. All of those damaging numbers follow the same rule, and Primary weapons is just the first one up there

Primary: 18-22 +26 (Physical Damage)

Now, what does that mean? Remember, Resistance affects Energy Damage, Defence affects Physical. I'm using physical, so lets look at the opposing defence. So, if your opponent has 0 defence*, you will hit between 44 and 48 damage. How do you get these numbers?

*I will explain later what happens if the opponent does not have 0, so don't worry

Take a look at the first set of numbers. 18-22. This is the number affected by your Strength. The lower or higher your Strength gets, those numbers adjust accordingly.
My Strength is 72 in this scenario. I will explain later about the affects of buffs-debuffs. So, assume that I am going first and my opponent has 0 defence for whatever reason.

18-22 is the variable. That changes (Read above). So, what is the +26 supposed to mean? That is the weapon's BASE DAMAGE. That means, even if you had 0 strength, you would still hit AROUND a 26 with your weapon. But, 26 is the base number.

So, the formula for deciding how much damage you will deal is (Assuming the opponent has 0 defence) :

((First Number≤X≤Last Number))+Y)=D=Damage Dealt. So, really it's X+Y, but X can be 18-22.
^Incase you don't understand,
any Number between 18-22,
including 18 and 22, could be X.

But, what opponent has 0 defence? Say your opponents Dexterity is 57 (Including Boosts). Therefore, their defence would show to be 19-23 So, same principles, except, here is the important part:

YOUR DAMAGE (From previous Formula) MINUS OPPONENTS DEFENCE = DAMAGE DEALT.

So, the defence of your opponent is actually 19-23. Using simple subtraction, you determine the Minimum damage you could do is 21 (Minimum Damage - Maximum Defence... 44-23) and the Maximum damage you could do is 29 (Maximum Damge - Minimum Defence)

So, the damage you would deal is 23≤X≤29. X, your damage, would be (Not including Focus): 21 to 29.

A little twist: Focus Damage (Think of it as an extra 1,2,3,4,or 5 damage added on at the end), and the Base levels (The lowest those starting damage, like the +26 Base Damage for my weapon.) Are applied BEFORE the varying damage has been decided. The varying damage is decided randomly from between the variable numbers (In this case, 18 to 22), the RNG (Random Number Generator) picks it. If it DIDN't do that, that list of numbers would be more like:

~Remember, the lowest damage is 3 (For some reason unbeknownst to me) so this Number(s) will seem kind of bizarre.~

That's what hitting with your fists would be like XD.

Why that wouldn't work, is because those are all the same number... 3. Then you would have no random number, and you would hit the maximum every time... 3+Base damage (26)+ Focus (2) = 31.

So, adding before allows the varying numbers to actually vary. But with Focus added in, the damage possible to be dealt is 23 to 31.

So, unless you have a critical hit or Rage, you will DEFINITELY hit between those numbers.

Now, that formula can be used for Primary, Sidearm, and Auxillary, except with the Auxillary damage, you would use Support instead of strength to change the variable. There are only two types of damages (Physical and Energy) So, you always have something to subtract from your damage, even if it is 0.

Now, what about skills? Here's a summary:

Defence Matrix/Energy Shield/Hybrid affect the BASE NUMBER of your Defence/Resistance.
Reflex Boost/Technician affect the VARIABLE number of your defence, by changing the Dexterity/Technology that affect it.

Now for attacking skills...

For Stun Grenade, Artillery Strike, etcetera... all skills that have a base damage showing, as in here:
This is Stun Grenade, btw.

Just use those numbers as the base numbers, with no variables. There is a variable scheme for those, but I can't really tell If you find it, tell me so I can add them in.

For Skills like Surgical Strike, which have a variable damage, just use that as the variable damage. There is no base damage that I know of, so it is possible to almost nullify these attacks. Remember, the lowest hit is 3 for ANYTHING.

For all the skills that affect by a percent, like Berserker or Massacre, just add that number in. So, if Massacre would do an added 101% Damage, multiply your Damage you would do normally by (1+1.01), so you'd do 201% damage.

Well, thanks for reading my guide! If there is ANYTHING I can change in here, please let me know. These observations were all obtained by me through random battles, and note taking on a few battles. If there is any wrong data, please contact me via PM so you can tell me. Thank you, and I hope this helps!

Last edited by button33 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

button33

Varium : 5309

Back to top Go down

Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter Empty Re: Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter

Post  Bud..aka .S1. Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 pm

This should be in the general strategy section
Bud..aka .S1.
Bud..aka .S1.

Varium : 5097

Back to top Go down

Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter Empty Re: Damage Calc. Made by Founder Bounty Hunter

Post  JellyBelly Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 am

Fix that title. Smile
JellyBelly
JellyBelly

Varium : 5121

https://www.youtube.com

Back to top Go down

Post  button33 Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks.
Do you know who made this?
~B33

button33

Back to top Go down

Post  JellyBelly Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am

I believe it was a Founder Bounty Hunter, don't remember his name. Just put his forum name in the title, that would be fine I guess.
JellyBelly
JellyBelly

Back to top Go down

Post  button33 Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:25 pm

K. I also think the NPC guide would be helpful.
~B33

button33

Back to top Go down

Post  JellyBelly Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

If you can find his real name, that would help. If I find it I will edit the title for you.
JellyBelly
JellyBelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down