Epicduel Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching. Made By Jaunti

3 posters

Go down

Searching. Made By Jaunti Empty Searching. Made By Jaunti

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Here's a wonderful (not)new idea that is just so sensational that you've got to try it! (read : You'd BETTER try it!)

Do you have an epic idea for the game?

Do you have a complaint about blocks?

Does today end in a Y?

Then I've got such great news for YOU! That's right! Today (and every day) only, we've got a wonderful (not so) new invention just for you!

Imagine if someone else has already talked about the exact same thing you're thinking about : Now, what if that person has devoted a massive amount of time to this idea? *gasp!* I know, an amazing thought isn't it? Why, this just couldn't be so! Well, today my friends, I'd like for you to find out the wonders of the Search Function!

Take a look in the top right screen of our wonderful forum. Oh my gosh! Where did that come from? What is it's purpose? Did the aliens send it down from above?

The next time you wish to tell us all the wonderful and grand reasons why you want a run button, or you think blocks suck, or even if it's a highly detailed suggestion about a game improvement, bug or harassment - Use our search button!

Billy : "Uh, Jaunti. Whats a search?"

OH CRIPES! It's billy, my completely made up and expendable imaginary noob! Why hello Billy! A search is an ability that lets us look over this massive forum before we create useless topics that clutter up our discussions.

Billy : "But Jaunti, why should I? I mean, I want to be the one who came up with this idea/rant/bug/fail!"

Oh ho, Billy - let's not be greedy! Why not throw your thoughts into the melting pot with everyone else? The idea you have may have already been given great consideration, thought, planning, and even a fresh new diaper!

Billy : "But Jaunti, I don't want to! Give me one good reason why I should!"

Now now Billy, I've got several reasons for you!

1) Multiple topics on the same subject flood the forums, bumping out more important issues for already discussed ones.
2) Searching for a topic you have in mind could likely save you a lot of time typing, so you can get back to dueling!
3) People like me don't have to go on with strange shadow casts about simple forum functions!

Billy : "Ok Jaunti, but how do I use it?"

Great question Billy! (finally)

All you need to do is type in a keyword of your subject.

Let's say you have a suggestion on how the Bounty Hunter skill Massacre could be improved. Let's type Massacre into the search field...

Click [SEARCH]

Why lookie there! 675 posts match that word! But you wouldn't want to go through all...

Billy : "Jaunti Jaunti! I tried sarching for a topic about how much I hate blocks, but it won't let me find any! What should I do?!"

/facepalm

As I was saying, you wouldn't want to search all these topics, or perhaps the topic you're searching for is to broad of a subject. We need to narrow down the search. Let's click the "Advanced Search" link under the search bar, shall we?

Why what do we have here?

Billy : "Golly Gee Jaunti! That sure looks complicated! I don't want to use all that..."

Oh billy, don't be such a noob! Here, let me show you what these are all about

In our advanced search section you have the opertunity to narrow down the areas that you want to look. Now, a topic on Massacre...

Billy : "Blocks! I want to search for Blocks! God I hate blocks..."

Ok ok, Billy. A topic on blocks, where do you think it would be? In... Bugs?

Billy : "No..."

How about... in the cheats/hacks forum

Billy : "Yeah! That's got to be it!"

/facepalm

How about Balance Issues, Game Imrovements?

Billy : "Oh yeah! That makes more sense!"

So let's refine the area it will look in, this will narrow down the search drastically.

Now instead of searching the entire forum, we're only going to search in the New Feature / Game Improvements / Balance Issues sub-fora! Do you think that will help, Billy?

Billy : "I dunno, you're the teacher here. /facepalm"

/facepalm

/double facepalm

/stabs billy and sends him off to play

OK! So that's pretty much it. Use the search function people. You create massive amounts of the same topic daily, and we've got a very useful tool that would be a lot more viable if you had started using it in the first place. You've got no excuse now.

Just as a side note - don't bother trying to search for a blocks topic. Honestly, you shouldn't have to. Why, you ask? Because there's already SEVEN showing in Game Improvements and Balance Issues COMBINED. This is a insane waste of server space, and could easily be avoided. Topics that are combined and discussed are 100% more likely to lead to an outcome that is worthy to be shown to the developers, so get in the mix and talk with your fellow forum goers/duelers! You're not the only one who plays, nor the only one who posts!

Last edited by button33 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

button33

Varium : 5339

Back to top Go down

Searching. Made By Jaunti Empty Re: Searching. Made By Jaunti

Post  Ice Crystalline Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm

You might want to give credit. ._.
Ice Crystalline
Ice Crystalline

Varium : 5122

Back to top Go down

Post  Jatar Teh Bounty Hunter Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:35 pm

~ Don't quote really long posts - Albino Wolf

Theres also Something called "Copy and paste" Which you just did. Can you at least give Jaunti some credit? It took him a LONG time to do that.
Jatar Teh Bounty Hunter
Jatar Teh Bounty Hunter

Varium : 5178

Back to top Go down

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Opps. Srry. Ill add his name into the title.
~B33

button33

Varium : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum