Epicduel Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NPC guide. Made by Eventus

3 posters

Go down

NPC guide. Made by Eventus Empty NPC guide. Made by Eventus

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 am

"Functions" Table of Contents
The Table of Contents is for quicker NPC-function searching.
To use it, highlight and copy the function you desire to find, hold Ctrl and press F on your keyboard to open the Find box in your browser, then paste the copied function into the Find box and hit Enter. You will be directed to one of the NPCs that are capable of executing your desired function. To find another NPC that can execute the same function (if any), hit "Next" in your Find box. When copying a function, please omit any "spacing" and the "-" mark for instant results; the Find box is sensitive to them, and will not produce the proper results if you do not remove them.
- Shop
- Activate Battle Boost
- Activate Experience Boost
- Challenge
- View the War’s current status
- View Server Time Countdown
- Customize Character
- Retrain
- Create Faction
- Purchase Varium
- Arcade Battle
- Expand Buddy
- Expand Inventory
- Change Class
- Change Name

Global NPCs

Conductor

Level: N/A
Location(s): Varied (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Return to Central Station
Extended Information: The conductor is located at the “entrance” and “exits” of every area. She is able to transport you back to the Central Station upon request; free of charge.

VendBot

Options:
- Shop
- Activate Battle Boost: Costs 65 Varium per hour (doubles battle token gain)
- Activate Experience Boost: Costs 95 Varium per hour (doubles experience gain)
Extended Information: The VendBot is not unlike a vending machine. It vendors Health and Energy restoration items for duelists in the level range of 1+ and 9+. However, it is unable to buy any items (including anything purchased from it) back.

Central Station

Junker

Level: 2
Location(s): Central Station
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Junker is a robot that is willing to challenge you at request. It vendors claws, staffs, clubs, swords, and guns for levels in the range 1-20.

Maintenance Bot

Options:
Extended Information: The Maintenance Bots will inform you of the remaining time left before the server’s day has ended.

Light City Guard

Level: 1, 3
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Light City Guard is stationed in the Central Station to maintain order. You may challenge him if you’re more of a rebel, or if you simply desire for a target practice.

Steve 1.0

Location(s): Central Station (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Customize Character: Costs 100 Credits per change +25 Varium for special looks
- Shop
Extended Information: Steve 1.0 vendors level 12 armors. Having many mechanical hands, he is presumably a very self-sufficient robot for his job.

Oz

Level: 10
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Retrain
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Oz is known as the leader of the Exiles. As a bounty hunter, he only vendors claws and an insignificant amount of gun(s) and auxiliary weapon(s) for duelists ranging in the levels of 1-28. You may challenge him if you desire a fight.

Nightwraith

Level: 30
Options:
- Shop
- Purchase Varium (redirects to a link)
- Challenge
Extended Information: Nightwraith is a Boss NPC representing one of the developers of EpicDuel. He vendors a variety of items, which are liable to change at any time. Being a devious bounty hunter, he’s a deadly opponent to fool around with – one false move may cost you your life. If you defeat him in a duel, you will earn the Nightwraith’s Hat Achievement, worth 1,750 Rating Points.

Titan

Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: Titan is a Boss NPC representing one of the developers of EpicDuel. He vendors a variety of items, which are liable to change at any time. Being perhaps the most powerful tech mage in the game, he once mentored the wicked tech mage, Caden, as well. If you defeat him in a duel, you will earn the Titan’s Helm Achievement, worth 1,750 Rating Points.

Fortune City

WorkBot X9

Location(s): Fortune City
Options:
- None
Extended Information: This WorkBot guards an area that is currently under construction or is incomplete. You may not fight it for entry to the area, nor may you bypass its being.

Bike Vendor

Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: The Bike Vendor is a robot that vendors bikes. Bikes offer a significantly more rapid transportation to any location. Because they are unnecessary, they are sold at remarkably high prices.

Heavy Guard

Level: 10, 15
Location(s): Fortune City (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Heavy Guard is stationed right outside the entrance of Fortune City. He can also be found with Administrator 12, another NPC. The one outside the entrance of Fortune City vendors a variety of maces alongside with a small amount of swords and guns.

Light City Guard

Level: 3
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Light City Guard is stationed in the Central Station to maintain order. You may challenge him if you’re more of a rebel, or if you simply desire for a target practice.

Administrator 12

Level: 33
Options:
- Challenge
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Administrator 12 oversees a portion of Fortune City. He will dispose of you with relish if you raise a weapon against his being.

MerchBot

Options:
- Shop
- Expand Buddy List: Costs 975 varium per +10 slots
Extended Information: The MerchBot sells a variety of weapons and restoration items in the Fortune City Science Facility. It is commanded by Talia, the facility’s owner.

Talia

Level: 20
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Talia is the Headmistress of the Tech Mages in her sector. She oversees the Fortune City Science Facility with unquestionable sternness; if you cross her, she just might decide to smite you with her staff.

Hank

Level: 26
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: Hank is a Boss NPC; should you defeat him, you will earn the Hank’s Leg Achievement, worth 900 Rating Points. He vendors a variety of every kind of weapon, save staffs.

Anya

Level: 15
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Anya is the captain of all mercenaries in Fortune City. She vendors solely maces and guns, ranging from the levels 1-29.

Shadow Guard

Level: 28
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Shadow Guard brags of terminating “its” quota of your current job for the day, but will you be able to terminate him in return?

Valestra

Options:
- Shop
- Purchase Achievements
Extended Information: Valestra owns the bar, Vaelstra’s. Upon further inspection, you may find her arcade for a chance of winning set rewards per 1v1 win.

Habuki

Options:
- Shop
- Retrain
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Habuki is a ninja-like NPC that vendors swords, claws, and a small variety of auxiliary launchers.

Arcade Pod

Options:
- Arcade Battle: Costs 5 Battle Tokens per 1v1 battle
Extended Information: The Arcade Pod in Valestra’s Arcade allows you to spend 5 battle tokens per 1v1 battle for a chance at an additional prize for winning each duel.

GameBot

Options:
- None
Extended Information: The GameBot will conduct games in the future.

Steve 2.0

Options:
- Shop
- Customize Character: Costs 100 Credits per change +25 Varium for special looks
Extended Information: Steve 2.0 vendors level 25 armors. He is an advanced version of the Steve bots.

Mine Tower

Brunson

Location(s): Mine Tower
Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: Brunson is a scavenger who is willing to sell weapons including guns, maces, claws, and an insignificant amount of staff(s) to you; tax-free.

Selina

Options:
- Shop
- Expand Inventory: Costs 750 Varium per +10 slots
- Change Name: Costs 1,100 Varium
Extended Information: The rebellious daughter of the Lawman. Though being her father’s only ally, she resents him for his unwillingness to allow her to participate in the war.

Hovercraft

Options:
- Fly to Workshop
Extended Information: The Hovercraft will transport you to and from the Workshop upon commend; no charge required.

Mort

Level: 22
Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: He answers only to Ulysses, his boss. He vendors both auxiliary weapons and guns.

Ulysses

Options:
- Shop
- Retrain
- Change Class: Costs 1,500 Varium
Extended Information: A strange man, Ulysses is part human and part robot – his robot part can be accounted for the workings of Baelius. He creates strange new auxiliary weapons of his own as his occupation, and founded the Bazaar in the Barrens.

Light Desert Guard

Level: 2
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Light Desert Guard is lightly armored and equipped – all ready to take or inflict a beating. He is stationed outside the entrance of the Mine Tower.

Caden

Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Create Faction
Extended Information: Caden is a dark Tech Mage, composed of both machine and human parts. Having betrayed the Exiled, he specializes in beguiling and destroying anything or anyone he encounters. However, he vendors staffs, swords, and guns to those who can afford it. Being a Boss NPC, he will award the Caden’s Eye Achievement, worth 1,750 Rating Points should you best him.

Servertron 3000

Options:
- Shop
- Heal
Extended Information: The Servertron 3000 is commandeered by the Lawman, and vendors both guns and health/energy restoration items alike.

The Lawman

Level: 33
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Create Faction
- Purchase Achievements
Extended Information: The Lawman is the father of Selina, and vendors stolen guns, auxiliary weapons, and an insignificant amount of swords. His true name is John St. Alban, and he is a former commander of the Uprising forces.

Snork

Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: Snork vendors all types of weapons – but for a price. He boasts that his weapons aren’t “Hank’s specials,” implying a certain significance to his stash.

WorkBot X4

Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: This WorkBot vendors a variety of staffs, claws, maces, swords, and health/energy restoration items.

Mine Guard

Level: 18
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: This Mine Guard is eager to challenge all who dares attempt to enter the mines. However, he is not as power as his more elite form, the Heavy Mine Guard.

Heavy Mine Guard

Level: 25
Location(s): Mine Tower (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: This Mine Guard is eager to challenge all who dares attempt to enter the mines. If you are powerful enough, you may “beat him senseless” in return.

Kraggor

Level: 1
Options:
- Shop
- Purchase Achievements
Extended Information: Kraggor is a member of a certain type of species that were created before the Banishment. He is designed for more efficient varium harvesting, and vendors a variety of weapons (excluding staffs) for a price.

Shadow Guard

Level: 28
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Shadow Guard needs to be taught a lesson on how to respect others. If you’re powerful enough, you may smite him to prove who’s the “worm.”

Junker 2.0

Level: 20
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Retrain
Extended Information: Junker 2.0 is an advanced version of the Junker located in Central Station. He offers a variety of functions for a price of either varium or credits, or both.

Steve 1.0

Location(s):Mine Tower (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: Steve 1.0 vendors level 12 armors. Having many mechanical hands, he is presumably a very self-sufficient robot for his job.

Biodome

Bio Guard

Level: 22
Location(s): Biodome
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Bio Guard is a lesser version of the Heavy Bio Guard. He vendors guns and maces alike to all who can afford them. He has no objection to whomever wishes to enter the mysterious Biodome, though “thoughtfully” warns them beforehand of being consumed whilst inside.

Heavy Bio Guard

Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Heavy Bio Guard stops all who wishes to enter the Biodome and works for Baelius.

Bio Hazard

Level: 26, 28
Location(s): Biodome (Multiple NPCs)
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Bio Hazard is an abomination that sprouted in the Bio Dome from various experiments. It is in a constant desire for flesh – in other words, you. If you choose to challenge it, make sure to have plenty of energy and dexterity; it uses solely physical attacks, and is ridiculously weak against energy.

Electro Hazard

Level: 31
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Electro Hazard appears to be a greater robotic version of the Bio Hazard. Unlike its predecessor, it uses solely energy attacks.

Xraal

Options:
- Shop
Extended Information: Xraal is the administrator of the Biodome, and wishes to rid the Biodome from the tyrant Baelius’ rule. He vendors all types of weapons (except auxiliary weapons) and health/energy restoration items to assist you in surviving during your stay in the Biodome.

Barren Outpost

Maurader

Level: 8
Location(s): Barren Outpost
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Marauder vendors swords, claws, and guns. He is a lessor version of the Marauder Hulk.

Marauder Hulk

Level: 27
Options:
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Marauder Hulk is ready to make someone hurting.

Mirv

Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
- Retrain
Extended Information: Mirv is a smirking midget who founded Mirv’s Outpost. He has a cheerful personality and has a tendency of offering the best deals in the game. If you want to purchase or sell an item, go to Mirv for the best deals around! He vendors a variety of all types of weapons, including health restoration items.

Overlord Facility

M4tr1x

Location(s): Overlord Facility
Options:
- Change Class: Costs 1,500 Varium
Extended Information: M4tr1x, or Matrix, is a “sentient program created to serve the AI.” For a set cost of varium, she (or it) has the ability of changing a variety of things for your character.

The Overlord Guard

Location(s): Overlord Facility
Options:
- Shop
- Challenge
Extended Information: The Overlord Guard sells “premium military surplus equipment.” Since he is a Boss NPC: if you win a duel with him, you will receive the Overlord’s Helmet Achievement, worth 1,350 Rating Points.

Disclaimer:
All images were gleaned from the PvP Online Battle Game, EpicDuel. All information were gleaned from NPCs' speech bubbles and BigTuna's Storyline. NPC location(s) and/or function(s) may vary over time.

Last edited by button33 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

button33

Varium : 5339

Back to top Go down

NPC guide. Made by Eventus Empty Re: NPC guide. Made by Eventus

Post  Ice Crystalline Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Great guide, very informative!

EDIT: Hey wait, you took it from http://forums.epicduel.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=21365 ... And you didn't give credit... >_>
Ice Crystalline
Ice Crystalline

Varium : 5122

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Hero Sparkman Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Ice Crystalline wrote:Great guide, very informative!

EDIT: Hey wait, you took it from http://forums.epicduel.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=21365 ... And you didn't give credit... >_>

*GASP* Button! You could go to jail for doing that! Im calling the cops!
E.Hero Sparkman
E.Hero Sparkman

Varium : 5203

Back to top Go down

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Edited. Happy?
~B33

button33

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice Crystalline Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

You need to put up the images. This is why copy & pasting isn't always the greatest idea.
Ice Crystalline
Ice Crystalline

Varium : 5122

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Hero Sparkman Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Ice Crystalline wrote:You need to put up the images. This is why copy & pasting isn't always the greatest idea.

Yep, it doesn't look all that "clean" without Images.
E.Hero Sparkman
E.Hero Sparkman

Varium : 5203

Back to top Go down

Post  button33 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Ill see if I can get all the images.
~B33

button33

Back to top Go down